In this course we will explore the variables that influence learners when learning a second
language. Some of the key questions which we will explore together this semester are as follows:
- How do students experience learning a new language and what does it mean to be a learner?
- What are different learnings styles and what instructional strategies best support these different learning styles?
- What can learn about our students and their different learnings and how can this help inform our practice?
- How can I apply language acquisition theory and methodology to the customized needs of my students?
- How can we understand language learners and how do we guide them towards success in language learning?