Middlebury's instance of Moodle will be updated to 2.6 on June 3rd, between the hours of 5pm and 8pm.
In March, we shared some information on the new features of Moodle that will be available in this update: http://sites.middlebury.edu/lis/2014/03/16/whats-new-in-moodle-2-6/ The include
- New whole-course formatting options (eg. entire course design is forum-based)
- Annotate uploaded .PDFs in-browser, with tick and cross stamps
- Enhanced mark-up, feedback & grade-review/release options
- Backup & restore courses larger than 4 GB More responsive, flexible
- TinyMCE editor for multi-device design, readability
- Better performance & functionality–faster, and uses fewer resources
You can see more of the new features at: http://sites.middlebury.edu/lis/2014/03/16/whats-new-in-moodle-2-6/#sthash.xh0gC3pY.dpuf
One change to note: the links to edit an activity in Moodle are no longer displayed as small icons, they now appear in an EDIT menu.
If you have questions about the new features in Moodle, please contact your Liaison (http://go.middlebury.edu/liaisons), Joe Antonioli, or Heather Stafford.